Uploading your own Augmented Reality (AR) models
If you would like to create or download your own models, images or movies, we would recommend that you speak to someone experienced in the creation and management of this sort of media. Avantis does not officially recommend or affiliate with any company that produces this type of content.
- AR models are not showing or getting an error.
- Ensure that they are in the right format. You may have to convert the images or re-download in the right format. See below for compatible file formats.
- Ensure that they have finished uploading before attempting to USE. They should have a coloured track icon on the headset’s main screen.
- Try re-uploading the content again.
- You are getting ‘no application could be found for this file type’.
You may have to install the ARC viewer app onto the ClassVR headset in question. You can do this by scanning the QR code.
- Images are stuttering or glitchy
- Try restarting the headset and then playing the content again.
Compatible file formats
MP4 (.mp4) - Used by videos supplied on the ClassVR portal.
User created content:
Video: H264 (MP4)
Audio: ACC Stereo
Bitrate: between 15 – 20 Mbps
Aspect ratio: 3840 x 2160 Stereoscopic
JPEG (.jpg) format
PNG (.png) format
GLTF (.glb) binary format
STL (.stl) 3D printing/CAD format
If you are having any issues with uploading or converting files to work with these formats, we would recommend speaking to the person who is responsible for creating and managing content in your organisation. Avantis does not officially recommend or affiliate with any company that produces this type of content.