Battery temperature troubleshooting
If your ClassVR headset is powering off frequently during use, this could be due to an overheating battery.
There are a few things that are likely to cause the temperature of a battery to rise:
- Age of the battery.
- The headset has been left in a hot environment for an extended period of time.
- Improper or irregular charging cycles.
- Use of incorrect charging equipment.
- Running very power intensive applications.
You can check a device’s battery temperature in the Devices section of the Administration Portal. You can get there by clicking on the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the ClassVR portal, then clicking on Administration Portal, followed by the Devices link.
The last recorded battery temperature should appear in the table in the row relating to the appropriate device.
If you are unable to see this, you may have to tick the Battery Temp/Max Battery Temp options in the Actions menu on the right-hand side.
If the battery is recording a high temperature, then power down the headset and allow sufficient time for the unit to cool down before attempting to either charge or turn the headset on again.
- Check how long the battery is holding a charge for.
- Check to see if the ClassVR headset is charging when connected to the charging case.