Your ClassVR Headset's Storage
Your ClassVR headset has 16GB of internal storage. This internal storage enables you to cache content, which is the process of the content being downloaded and temporarily stored on the device(s) so it is ready to access without having to continually re-download the content via a Wi-Fi connection. In doing so, once you have sent content to the headsets from your ClassVR Portal, the content will remain downloaded to the headset. This does not mean it can be viewed continuously, but it means the content will not have to be re-downloaded, as the files are already prepared in the hidden memory of the device. However, if you have activated most/all of the subscriptions in your Portal's Administration Centre, then your device(s) may be approaching their maximum storage capacity. This may be because you have cached lots of 360 videos and other large files. As a result, you may need to clear the cache to enable you to send new content to the headsets.
Clearing the Cache
Currently, you can only clear the entire cache of a device (or series of devices). In doing so, you will remove the cached data for all 360 videos, 3D models and cloud content, which had previously been downloaded to the devices. However, the 360 images will not be cleared from the device's cache, as they are embedded in the firmware.
1) To clear the cache, the administrators in your organisation
need to login to the Portal (http://portal.classvr.com/
) and select the settings cog
in the top right corner. The devices should be switched on and connected to the network throughout this process.
2) From here, you then need to select 'Administration Portal'.
3) Once into the Administration Portal, locate the 'Admin' sub-heading and the 'Devices' tab. Here, you will see all devices which are enrolled in your organisation and some basic technical information about them.
4) Select the specific headsets which you want to clear the cache for (or, alternatively, select the top checkbox to clear the cache for all devices). Step five will explain the two cache-clearing functions on offer.
5) Choose whether to clear the all of the device's content, including subscribed content, or just content which has been sent to it and cached via the Portal.
5a) Clear Non-Subscribed Content: This will remove all content from the headsets which is NOT subscribed to. Subscribed content will remain on the headsets.
5b) Wipe All Content: This will remove all content from the headsets INCLUDING subscribed content. To avoid the subscribed content being automatically re-downloaded, you will need to untick the theme/subject in the Subscriptions section of the Administration Portal.
6) Once completed, restart the device.
NOTE: If you have installed additional applications, then a factory reset is the only way to remove all of these apps in one single action (you are able to individually uninstall these apps via the android settings).